Monday 17 July 2017

Day 53 July 17, 2017

Daily mileage 9
Total mileage 899
Hiked from 5:15 am to 8:30 am



Town Day!

I was very motivated to get up and beating feet to the trailhead. As an added bonus, it was easy cruiser trail.

After a fast but uneventful 9 or so miles to the Bucks Summit highway, I stuck out my thumb. Hang on, I waited several minutes to see a car before I could stick out my thumb. Pretty quiet road. But after about half an hour, I got a ride with Katy and her two young daughters. If you ever read this Katy, yes you should hike the PCT.

Now I am in Quincy. It is a very small town with limited hotels and motels. But I have a bed for the night and I have had a shower. I am staying at the Spanish Creek Motel. The probably built this motel in the 1950's and that is where we sit today.  Pretty funny to see wiring mysteriously appearing out of the ceiling to feed into a power bar which is nailed to the wood paneling. The power bar then services the tv, coffee maker and bar fridge. All stuff they did not think of in 1950! 

Sort of random here, but now that I am almost 900 miles, I have now completed over 1/3 of the entire length of the PCT. Just might be getting the hang of the long distance hiking.

Sorry no pictures today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment