Monday 17 July 2017

Day 49 July 13, 2017

Daily mileage 20
Total mileage 819
Hiked from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm



Now that was more like it.

Before I rejoined the PCT, I went out and bought a few pieces of replacement equipment. One of them was a new air mattress. My old one had three blown baffles which left it in a shape that my body simply could not conform to. So I had a difficult time emerging from my little cave of down and air this morning.

The other item I bought for the first time in my life was a cell phone. I have now joined the ranks of the phonies! I got it specifically to put a couple of apps on that allow you to find the snow hidden trail via GPS. And it worked like a charm both yesterday and today.

When I finally did get going I did have a bit of snow to cover but nothing as lasting as yesterday. I spent lots of time up in the alpine hills.

I had a very long downhill for much of the afternoon. There were some minor climbs but nothing of any magnitude.

Hiking in the alpine hills

Can you guess where the snow levels are?

Hike slowly and cast a long shadow

Hiking in the alpine

Home for the night


No comments:

Post a Comment