Sunday 9 July 2017

Back to the trail I go

Well, decision made. I am flying back to the trail starting tomorrow.

I will fly to Reno and then spend Tuesday putzing around doing a resupply and other mundane tasks that a returning thru hiker has to do.  Then I will find my way back to the trail at Donner Pass on Wednesday. 

As I have stated in a previous post, flipping ahead like this is not my ideal definition of a thru hiker, but 2017 is not a typical year on the PCT.  Sometimes one has to play the hand that is dealt. In a perfect world I will hike to the northern terminus by late September and then turn around and hike the 360 mile gap that I am leaving after that. But that is very long term trek planning which tends to get rejected by the trail.

I will likely be out of Wi-Fi touch for a while but look for updates soon.

The original start 

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear...have a great hike! -GoalTech

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Silver Fox, I just got on the PCTA blog site to see what everyone else was up to. I'm also having to flip, too. Its okay, whichever direction we go, its going to be a good hike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back at it Avidly waiting for your first updates Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete