Tuesday 30 May 2017

Day 21 May 27, 2017

  • Daily mileage 20
  • Total miles 379
  • Hiked from 5:15 am to 4:30 pm

The highlight of my day today was summiting Mount Badin Powell.

As I was sleeping at around 10 last night, a car camper pulled in next to me and proceeded to set up their tent for the next hour with their car headlights shining in my tent.  Because I was bone tired, this actually did not bother me that much.  Then when I got up this morning, I understood why it took them so long to set up the tent.  My first house was smaller than that tent!  

Early morning hike
I got going at my usual 5:15 and got lots of cruiser miles done until a highway pullover area called Grassy Hollow where I had my third breakfast of ramen and peanut butter.  I knew I had a big climb coming up to the top of Badin Powell so the carb boost worked out.  

I would rate the PCT as a green run personally  

That is sobering
As I descended toward the parking that services the day hikers for Baden Powell it was easy to see that there would be lots of people on the trail today.  And indeed there were.  I slogged my way up about 4,000 feet to the top where the view was outstanding.  

Day hiker parking lot  

View from the top of Baden Powell

The rest of the day was spent in a general downhill trend to where I am now camped at Little Jimmy Campground.  Along with the rest of the group that I have been hiking with for about two weeks.  The group has grown to about 10 of us.

Home for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment